Enterprise Drive for Bulk Data Applications
The ST10000NM017B Exos 7E10 hard drive supports up to 10 TB per drive, offering bulk data storage for data centre infrastructures requiring a highly reliable enterprise hard drive. This Exos 7E10 provides cost-effective, reliable access to unstructured data. The drive helps to catalyse the datasphere, enabling data centre architects and IT professionals to deliver trusted performance, rock-solid reliability, ironclad security, and low TCO for demanding 24×7 operations.
Robust Bulk Data Storage for a 24×7 World
The ST10000NM017B Exos 7E10 drive is backed by a 2 million hour MTBF rating and supports workloads of 550 TB per year — 10x that of desktop hard drives. With state-of-the-art cache, on-the-fly error correction algorithms, and rotational vibration design, this Exos 7E10 helps ensure consistent performance in replicated and RAID multi-drive systems.
High Performance for Mainstream Data Centre Applications
Meet your storage workload requirements in the most efficient and cost-effective data centre footprint on the market today. The Exos 7E10 delivers easy integration into bulk storage systems with a SATA 6 Gb/s interface. With user-definable innovative technology advancements like PowerChoice and Seagate RAID Rebuild, you can tailor your nearline storage requirements for even greater improvements in lowering your TCO.
- Hyperscale applications/cloud data centres
- Massive scale-out data centres
- OLTP and HPC applications
- High-capacity density RAID storage
- Mainstream enterprise external storage arrays
- Distributed file systems, including Hadoop and Ceph
- Enterprise backup and restore — D2D, virtual tape
- Centralised surveillance
- 7200 RPM spindle speed.
- Full-track multiple-sector transfer capability without local processor intervention.
- High instantaneous (burst) data transfer rates (up to 600MB per second).
- Native Command Queuing with command ordering to increase performance in demanding applications.
- Perpendicular recording technology provides the drives with increased areal density.
- PowerChoice for selectable power savings
- SeaTools diagnostic software performs a drive self-test that eliminates unnecessary drive returns.
- State-of-the-art cache and on-the-fly error-correction algorithms.
- Support for S.M.A.R.T. drive monitoring and reporting.
- Supports latching SATA cables and connectors.
- Tarnish-resistant components to help protect drive from environmental elements, increasing field reliability.
- Worldwide Name (WWN) capability uniquely identifies the drive.
|Seagate Secure SED Model||—|
|Seagate Secure SED-FIPS 140-3 Model||—|
|**not all models will be generally offered as standard configurations||—|
|Protection Information (T10 DIF)||—|
|Cache, Multi-segmented (MB)||256|
|Advanced Write Caching (8M internal NOR flash)||Yes|
|Vibration, Non-operating: 10 Hz to 500 Hz (Grms)||5|
|Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF, hours)||2 000 000|
|Reliability Rating @ Full 24×7 Operation (AFR)||0,44%|
|Non-recoverable Read Errors per Bits Read||1 sector per 10E15|
|Power-On Hours per Year||8 760|
|Bytes per Sector||512|
|Warranty, Limited (years)||5|
|Spindle Speed (RPM)||7 200|
|Interface Access Speed (Gb/s)||6.0, 3.0, 1.5|
|Max. Sustained Transfer Rate OD||263MB/s|
|Average Latency (ms)||4,16|
|Rotational Vibration @ 1,500 Hz (rad/s²)||12,5|
|Idle Power, Average (W)||7,8|
|Typical Operating, Random Read (W)||11,8|
|Power Supply Requirements||+12 V and +5 V|
|Temperature, Operating (°C) Drive Reported||5 ~ 60|
|Shock, Operating 2 ms Read/Write (Gs)||70/40 Gs|
|Shock, Non-operating, (1 ms/2 ms) (Gs)||150/300|
|Height (in/mm, max)2||1.028 in/26.11 mm|
|Width (in/mm, max)2||4.01 in/101.85 mm|
|Depth (in/mm, max)2||5.787 in/147 mm|
|Weight (lb/g)||720 g/1.59 lb|
|Carton Unit Quantity||20|
|Cartons per Pallet / Cartons per Layer||40/8|