The 16TB Exos X16 7200 rpm 12 Gb/s SAS 3.5″ Internal HDD from Seagate is a high-performance, large-capacity drive designed for data storage. It’s suitable for engineering workstations, network servers, mainframes, supercomputers, and other demanding tasks that require 24/7 operation. This 7200 rpm drive utilizes the 12 Gb/s SAS interface for data transfer rates of up to 261 MB/s. Moreover, as a professional-grade drive, it has a MTBF rating of 2.5 million hours as well as built-in digital sensors to ensure optimal performance.
|Product Type||Hard Drive|
|Product Name||Exos X16 ST16000NM002G Hard Drive|
|Manufacturer Part Number||ST16000NM002G|
|Manufacturer Website Address||http://www.seagate.com|
|Storage Capacity||16 TB|
|Spindle Speed (rpm)||7200|
|Drive Interface Standard||12Gb/s SAS|
|Weight (Approximate)||1.48 lb|
|Country of Origin||Thailand|
|Device Supported||Storage System|
About ST16000NM002G Hard Drive
16TB Storage Capacity performance with enhanced caching, making it perfect for cloud data center and massive scale-out data center applications.
12Gb/s SAS, 512e/4Kn Standard Model FastFormat. Hyperscale SATA model tuned for large data transfers and low latency.
7200 RPM, 256MB Cache, 3.5″ Form Factor. Helium sealed-drive design delivers lower total cost of ownership through lower power and weight. Next-generation helium side-sealing weld technology for added handling robustness and leak protection.
Proven enterprise-class reliability backed by 2.5M-hr MTBF rating, best for cryptocurrency mining such like CHIA. Digital environmental sensors to monitor internal drive conditions for optimal operation and performance. Data protection and security: Seagate Secure features for safe, affordable, fast, and easy drive retirement
Maximum Storage Capacity for Highest Rack Space Efficiency
- Hyperscale model tuned for large data transfers
- PowerBalance feature optimizes IOPS/Watt
- Built-in digital environmental sensors for measuring internal humidity, pressure, and temperature to ensure reliability, performance, and quality
- 2.5 million hours MTBF
- Hyperscale applications/cloud data centers with replicated storage
- Massive scale-out data centers and big data analytics
- OLTP and HPC applications
- High-capacity density RAID storage
- Mainstream enterprise external storage arrays (SAN, NAS, DAS)
- Distributed file systems, including Hadoop and Ceph
- Enterprise backup and restore – D2D, virtual tape
- Centralized surveillance